This professional certificate programme covers all aspects of the administration of deceased and insolvent estates. The objective of this short learning programme is to equip students with the theoretical and practical knowledge required to wind up both deceased and insolvent estates of individuals, as well as insolvent estates of partnerships, companies and close corporations.
Course delivery & Certification
The Professional Certificate in Administration of Estates is
delivered by The Tax Faculty.
This course incorporates modules from the Unisa Course in Administration of Estates. Successful candidates will be awarded the Unisa Course in Administration of Estates NQF 6 certificate and the Professional Certificate in Administration of Estates from The Tax Faculty.
This course is for you if:
- You want a course that is focused on integrating theory and practice by simulating the real-life world of work.
- You want to receive the professional recognition that you deserve in the specialist area of estate administration.
- You want to advance your career in
the area of administration of estates.
- You're ready to take on additional
responsibilities at your place of work in the specialist area
of estate administration.
- You want to gain the required practical and
technical skills in the administration of estates.
- You want an all-in-one refresher to
get you up to date on the complex process of estate administration.
- You want others to recognise the contribution you can make to your employer as a result of you furthering your studies
and expanding your knowledge and practical skills in estate administration.
- You want to receive your certificate of recognition which will enable you to register for a SAQA-registered designation
(issued by the foremost professional certification body, the South
African Institute of Tax Professionals).
Applications for admission open on 25 September 2018. The course induction starts on 16 January 2019.
Minimum Admission Requirements
To be eligible for admission, applicants need to meet the following minimum requirements:
· National Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification
· Appropriate experience
What you will learn
This course covers everything you need to know about the administration of deceased and insolvent estates. The objective of the course is to equip you with the knowledge required to enable you to wind up both deceased and insolvent estates of individuals as well as insolvent estates of partnerships, companies and close corporations.
The course is of a practical nature and consists of the following three modules:
Module 1: Induction
This essential module will introduce you to your exciting learning journey with The Tax Faculty. It will include a demonstration of course-related tools and resources available to you via the digital campus, and will provide an introduction to your fellow course participants.
Module 2: Theory and fundamentals
- Matrimonial property regime
- Intestate and testate succession
- Estate planning
- Law of trusts
- Procedure for the administration of an estate
- Calculation of estate duty
- Winding-up process of insolvent estates, including rehabilitation
- Deceased insolvent estates
Module 3: Practical simulation
This module bridges the gap between theory and successful practical application through the following real-life practice simulations:
- Estate planning, including the drafting of a last will and testament
- Winding up and administration of insolvent estates, including the preparation of liquidation and distribution accounts
Flexible payment options & Study loan
Payment option 1: Once-off payment
R17 950.00 (incl. VAT)
Payment option 2: Payment plan (debit order)
First payment: R3 950.00
10 Instalments: R1 600.00 per month
Payment option 3: Study loan
Download the study loan application form here.
Are you ready for this course?
Make sure you're ready for this course. Click here to take the readiness test.
Submit your application today to avoid disappointment. Click below to start your online application!